Monday 13 October 2014

Autumn Nails - Barry M Pomegranate

As a lover of bright nails all through summer (BarryM in Papaya and Green berry have been my go-to this past summer), transitioning into a darker nail colour to match the season has been tricky for me. However, I think I've found my new favourite....

Barry M Gelly Nail Effect in 'Pomegranate'
Read more after the jump!


Barry M's 'Pomegranate' is a dark pink-red. This is perfect for me. It's still dark red enough to give off that classic autumn feel, but that hint of pink makes it easier for me to wear without it being too harsh!

This is one of Barry M's gelly hi-shine polishes, which I absolutely love! The finish is amazing and really does give the illusion of gel nails. I think the darker colour even shows the shine even more - definitely no need for a top coat with this nail polish!

Nail colour in natural light

As with all the hi-shine polishes, the consistency is quite thick to apply. This isn't a problem with me, I find it gives a nicer, smoother finish. In terms of durability, I'm coming up to 5 days of wear and only two tiny chips right at the top of the nail (not shown in photos, taken me a while to get this post up - SORRY). 

I honestly can't think of one negative to say about this product, and at only £3.99 in Superdrug it's a steal!

Pomegranate with flash

Pomegranate without flash


Any recommendations for nail colours for autumn? Does anyone else find it hard to say goodbye to summer brights?!

RosieLM x

EDIT: After having a read through this I've noticed that in all the photos the colour appears much lighter than it does in person - keep that in mind when reading! :)


Can I say pomegranate one more time? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, thank you!