Saturday 18 October 2014

Everyday Skincare Routine

'

Now I've never been one for a rigid skincare routine. I'm always too tempted to try out all the new products that come out. Even if I love a product there's always that niggling feeling that there might be another I like even more! Saying that, I think I've just about reached a routine that I feel I can stick to. I still test out new products 'just in case', but often stick to these.
The first thing I want to mention is that these are all products I've been using with a student budget. Since recently leaving uni (and the luxury of a student loan) I've found the price of skincare products even more important! I do have some more high end favourites that I tend to get for christmas/birthdays, and I'll mention them throughout! But on the most part, if you're looking for a cheap skincare routine - look no further! :)

Removing makeup and cleansing:



Boots Essentials cleansing wipes (£1.50): 
I've never been too fussy with face wipes. I only ever use them to take makeup off at the end of the night before washing my face. I tend to go for these Boots own brand as they're cheap as chips and almost always on offer. They do the job, taking even waterproof mascara off (with some work) and they don't irritate my skin. I don't bother with the more expensive brands with fancy ingredients because I'm only washing it off straight after!

(can't seem to find the exact product anywhere for some reason? sorry):
I actually bought this wash by accident. I had been using a similar cream Garnier wash but without the exfoliating beads. I was worried that the beads would irritate my skin, and had read that if you beads can be quite damaging to the skin. However, unlike other exfoliating washes (St. Ives - I'm looking at you!), I haven't found this wash to be too harsh!
I use it morning and night and am really liking it. So much so, I haven't decided whether to go back to the other wash or keep buying this one!

I bought a few of the samples of this wash on the Paula's Choice website when I bought the BHA gel (to be mentioned later on). I by no means wanted to shell out £19.25 on a cleanser (I still think it's far too much), but saying that, I do love it! If I was in a position where I could justify spending so much on a cleanser, I would most definitely use this as my daily cleanser!

Toner and Treatments:


I like Simple's products because they never irritate my skin and they're not expensive. I use this twice a day after cleansing, and it really does sooth my skin and makes it feel extra clean.
I'm a big fan of Clinique, and their 3-step system in particular. Every christmas or birthday I normally get a gift set including their '3 toner', which I prefer to this, especially when I want a more of an exfoliating toner. 

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 1% BHA Gel (£23.00):During my final year of University my skin got pretty bad. I think due to stress around my exam and dissertation period (and probably the junk food snacks I'd buy at uni to cope with the stress!). This BHA gel was a life saver! I had done quite a bit of research before buying since it is very expensive, but there was an overall positive review of it and so, I went for it. I'm so glad I did! I used one pump at night after toning and before moisturising and saw a dramatic improvement in around 4 weeks. I carry on using it now as it continues to keep my skin (relatively) clear, smooth and glowing. 

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel with Charcoal Face Mask (£3.59):This is the newest addition to my routine. I'd never really been a user of face masks, but saw this on promotion in Boots and thought why not? I use it 2-3 times a week in the evening and can say I really do think I've seen an improvement. My skin always feels amazing after using it, and it's really made me see the fuss about face masks!

Moisturisers: 
Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion Plus  (£17:50):(Sample size shown here - free from Glamour!)
This is my all time favourite moisturiser (and probably my favourite skincare product all together)! It's lightweight, absorbs easily and gives you hydrated skin all day. It gives me the perfect base for makeup and makes my skin feel amazing to touch. Again, I normally get Clinique skincare for Christmas or birthdays. However, despite the slightly higher price, I do splurge out throughout the year to repurchase this. Moisturiser's important and I don't mind spending more money. 

Simple's Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser (£4.50):
When I've run out of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturiser, I always have this as a back up. As I've mentioned, I really like Simple products and think they are an amazing range for a small price. This is a great moisturiser, which leaves my skin feeling nice and hydrated. I don't think it really can compare to the Clinique moisturiser but it's still a great inexpensive alternative. 

So there we have it - my everyday skincare products! I think I've finally found a routine I can rely on and stick to. Although it won't stop me being curious and picking up a new product I see on the shelves or read a review on!

What do you think about drug store vs. high end skincare? Have you found a perfect routine for a bargain or do you like to splash out on the quality of high end products? 
Any products you can't live without?

RosieLM xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, thank you!