Wednesday 1 October 2014

Rosie Reviews: Topshop's Glow Highlighter in Polish

If you rewind the clock a couple of years you wouldn't catch me wearing a highlighter. I was all about that matte look - full coverage foundation, concealer, powdered to the max. Fast forward to now where I like to think I'm older, wiser and more cosmetically educated, I just can't get enough. Highlighters can help give you that radiant glow as well as more shape to the face when paired with contouring.


One of my favourite highlighters of the moment is Topshop's 'Glow Highlighter' in Polish. In my eyes, Topshop make-up can do no wrong. Since the start up of their make up range, it has proved itself as a big name in the world of high street (or 'drugstore') brands.



Now, praising over, back to the product!
Glow is a cream highlighter which leaves the most beautiful sheer shimmer when applied and blended. I apply the product to the top of my cheekbones, brow bones and on my cupids bow and feel it really does give me that 'glow' it claims! The colour is a pinky champagne with visible shimmer. However, when applied to the face it really just gives a subtle sheen as it catches the light.



In terms of colouring, it looks suits my pale complexion. However, i'm sure it would suit most, if not all shades when blended in, giving a more obvious glow the darker the complexion.



The only thing that brings Topshop's Glow highlighter down for me is the packaging. With the small pot it comes in, I find that sometimes it can be tricky to get the product onto my finger without getting any under my fingernail. This problem can easily be fixed by using a brush or having short nails, and so, doesn't put me off repurchasing!

For only £9, I would highly recommend this highlighter! Even with Autumn approaching, I know I'm still going to be rocking that healthy glow even into Winter!

Does anyone else love this highlighter? What is your go to highlighter of the moment? Let me know!
RosieLM xx

find Glow here: http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/glow-highlighter-in-polish-53792

1 comment:

  1. Despite having a beauty blog, I don't own any highlighters! But I think this one would be a good first purchase thought :) Lovely post x

    http://www.prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, thank you!